Author Topic: Official Bugs Thread  (Read 48612 times)

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
  • Virtue: +57/-9
    • View Profile
    • Email
Official Bugs Thread
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:56:54 AM »
I though instead of their being 1092390 different bug threads, that I would open a single one for everybody to submit their bugs/glitches/errors to, a lot like everybody was doing with the chat page before, except not limited by 140 characters :)
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 02:49:42 PM by drath »

Jacq

• Lich Lord
  • Virtue: +12/-2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Official Bugs Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 07:18:48 PM »
Mahjong Tower.

I guess it's not officially a bug, but the scoring system for this game is a little bit odd. The scores for each board are not cumulative, so if you want to get a highscore, you're better off losing quickly at the end of the first board (which has the most tiles, as far as I can tell) than continuing to play the smaller but harder boards.

Thanks for putting a "real" mahjong game in, though. They are one of my favourites! :D
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:22:39 PM by Jacq »
Chances are your pants are not as fancy as the pair of very fancy pants that Mister Fancypants would wear.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:17:40 AM »
I noticed that too, but I decided to just add it to the site anyways. In that, I think it's okay to have some games that are not so much about the points at the end, but the fun - like the Tower Defense games. I'll make sure to make a note about it though in the description, but also, work on getting some different Mahjong games - there's tons out there.

Nemico

• Zombie
  • Virtue: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 09:27:31 PM »
uuuggghhh

Your score was 2589900 for unknown game: magnettowers?restart=yes (magnettowers).

This game doesn't actually exist, what's going on?

UUUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHH

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 09:42:42 PM »
That seems to be quite the crippling flaw. Sorry for your loss  :'(

I'll look into it.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 08:55:01 AM »
I'll have to make it up to you by implementing badge/champion bonuses  ;)

Nemico

• Zombie
  • Virtue: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 06:02:39 PM »
I guess that's a start  8)

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2010, 11:10:28 PM »
Note: Champions of specific games will be granted 3 gold pieces every time somebody plays the game they are a champion of (including themselves)

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 06:05:30 PM »
Woo hoo! :D
Chances are your pants are not as fancy as the pair of very fancy pants that Mister Fancypants would wear.

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 09:05:59 PM »

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 09:07:55 PM »
Oh wait you fixed it. Nevermind...

The new logo is cute! That poor house is about to get taken out, though.

Which reminds me... What is the kokaro? (The green thing)... Is he, like, level 1 slime from every RPG ever?

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 09:29:42 PM »
Hehe, yep you caught me in the process. The imagery will eventually have a larger picture (pun!) in everything, like the village, all kind of using the same aesthetic.

About the Kokaro mascot, the slime (or blob in some RPGs), you are absolutely correct - I think I was originally thinking Dragon Warrior (NES) but more stylized. You should also see him play a more important part as well coming up.

Blackbird

• Gargoyle
  • Virtue: +8/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2010, 06:51:22 PM »
Er...the bar at the top is a bit...overloaded since you added Site Feed. Site Feed and Forum do not exactly fit on the bar anymore, it loops around and displays on two floating squares (see here). It's entirely a design flaw, have tried it out in everything from IE to Safari and it's still problematic.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2010, 06:59:31 PM »
Thanks for spotting that, seems to be a local font issue. Should be FIXED.

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 11:23:28 PM »
Apparently I'm banned? For getting a score on a game lower than the highest? (The bunny game, I got 13xsomething. Lower than Blackbird's second even, I think.)

There's something a little odd with the cheat detection. Maybe it's not taking into account the option to restart in-game?

(assuming I get unbanned, does this mean I can no long rightclick -> restart on things like Alu's revenge to save having to load the flash again?)

Otherwise... aw man. :(

Who's Online

11 Guests, 1 User
Tasos

Wise Words

Didn't we have some fun though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'NO WAY!' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'? That was great. -GLaDOS in Portal | Read More...

Go to Top

© 2009-2024 Kokaro. All rights reserved. All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. All intellectual properties contained within third-party flash games on Kokaro are owned by their original developers and designers. Request impermissible game removal