Author Topic: Suggestions?  (Read 10458 times)

Jacq

• Lich Lord
  • Virtue: +12/-2
    • View Profile
    • Email
Suggestions?
« on: February 03, 2010, 11:08:28 AM »
I think it would be cool if we could see a breakdown of the games we play, or how often we play them. Like...
Jacq:
Mahjong Connect - 144 plays
Magnet Towers - 103 plays
etc.

Or even
Jacq's Favourite Games:
1. Avalanche
2. Bloons Tower Defence
3. Aquacubes.
Chances are your pants are not as fancy as the pair of very fancy pants that Mister Fancypants would wear.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
  • Virtue: +57/-9
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 11:19:17 AM »
Yes, I think that would be a good idea. Unfortunately how it is now, all scores are removed from the database after the scores get reset for a individual game; however, that idea will still work, it will just be a little more dynamic in the data it displays.

I'm not sure if I am ready yet to see if it would be okay to keep them forever. As the high score database already contains 3000 entries (or rows if you think of it as a spreadsheet) with the small collection of games and users here. If I start keeping them indefinitely I can easily see that growing insanely large over time. I'll look into this though and see how other systems solve this issue so I can learn and implement it here eventually. Maybe just writing a single value for each game to the individual users profile and loading/editing as needed. Kokaro, after all, was just (or at least started as) learning/training for me :)

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 02:18:40 PM »
I'm not sure how the storage side of it would work. I was thinking it might be as easy as the "games played" tally, but with a little more info (the equivalent of a counter). But when I think about it more, I can see how it would get way too big too fast.

Is there any advantage to collecting all the items in a set?
(Aside from my own OCD, of course)
Chances are your pants are not as fancy as the pair of very fancy pants that Mister Fancypants would wear.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 02:45:12 PM »
That was originally the point of the site actually, haha. Collecting all the items, but more importantly, all the items in a complete set. It was recently expanded on by adding that little counter below each item's name. There was also going to be "badges" for getting all items in a certain set.

I tossed that idea out, in replacement of "Achievements" which will show up in your profile above badges, but also be worth an extremely large portion of points (for leaderboard rankings). The achievement will show a unique image from that game (without showing the items specifically) and announce that you achieved "The Legend of Zelda Collector" for example. This is not currently implemented fully, but it's on that ever-growing list :). Achievement will work on a one-time-thing basis, so after you collect the items, and get the achievement - it's there permanently, you can sell them, or keep them, whatever you wish.

Also planned is other, non-item specific achievements like "10,000 gold collected" or "500 games played". I'm open to input and suggestions, like everything on the site :o

Nemico

• Zombie
  • Virtue: +5/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 06:26:46 PM »
Inventory sort by rarity and set in the marketplace/vendor house would be nice.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:56:30 AM »
Inventory sort by rarity and set in the marketplace/vendor house would be nice.

For now, I have added an "Inventory" page (on the thin bar a long the top) to help you view and sort your items. Assuming this works properly, I will move the functionality over to the marketplace and vendor house.

Scapegoat

• Global Moderator
  • Balron
  • Virtue: +43/-9
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2010, 10:06:52 AM »
Free daily wheel spin, to encourage people to come daily.

I would also like some input as to how people navigate around the page, the favorites is a tremendous help for shortcutting through all the games ... I also forget that the recent forum posts are on the home page since I think they're too far down.

Has anyone noticed that they have a long process for something simple? One I have that's being worked on is how I have to go through inventory in one tab to find doubled items, then in another tab go through enchanter - there's no page number shortcuts so it's easy to get lost and go back and forth a bunch.

Input for how to keep R1s common and R5s more rare, having the enchanter charge a small fee would prevent myself from just going there with a hundred items to potentially improve for free.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 10:12:47 AM by Scapegoat »

McPoop

• Zombie
  • Virtue: +2/-3
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2010, 10:20:11 AM »
I've become obsessed with those tower defense games.. but the fratboy one doesn't give enough gold... i play it for like 25 minutes and get 7 pieces of gold out of it... it's a big commitment for how little i get in return... (although i do suck at them)

Jacq

• Lich Lord
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2010, 10:31:21 AM »
I agree that the gold payouts are a little wacky for a lot of games, McPoop.
I would also like some input as to how people navigate around the page, the favorites is a tremendous help for shortcutting through all the games ... I also forget that the recent forum posts are on the home page since I think they're too far down.
Has anyone noticed that they have a long process for something simple? One I have that's being worked on is how I have to go through inventory in one tab to find doubled items, then in another tab go through enchanter - there's no page number shortcuts so it's easy to get lost and go back and forth a bunch.
If you click on an item, it will tell you if it's a double or not. "You currently have X of this item".

Navigation thoughts:
- The vendor house navigation is pretty clunky if you're trying to put up more than one item for sale.
- I'd like to see a "Random Game" option on the main "games" page.
- I like that the newer games are on the first page of "Games" now. Hooray.

Scapegoat

• Global Moderator
  • Balron
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2010, 10:55:10 AM »
I've become obsessed with those tower defense games.. but the fratboy one doesn't give enough gold... i play it for like 25 minutes and get 7 pieces of gold out of it... it's a big commitment for how little i get in return... (although i do suck at them)

This is definitely a problem, considering I've played Backgammon for 45 minutes, gotten like 8 gold, then played Collapse for 45 seconds, gotten like 12 gold + item. It's incredibly unbalanced. Especially with a game like Backgammon, which requires a certain threshold of time to win, then how good you win determines what the payout is.

drath

• Administrator
  • Ancient Wyrm
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2010, 12:28:10 PM »
Scapegoat has volunteered to personally go through every single game 3 times to check balancing issues.

Scapegoat

• Global Moderator
  • Balron
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 02:09:47 PM »
EASY PEASY.  :D

Codex66

• Zombie
  • Virtue: +3/-0
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »
Free daily wheel spin, to encourage people to come daily.

I Think That Could Be Really Neat, Have Say A Lesser Rarity Of Item And Some Gold Prizes

On Special Days Like Holidays Or The Kokaro Anniversary, You Could Put Up Unique Prizes Or Something?? :3

grover511

• Balron
  • Virtue: +46/-52
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 04:27:31 PM »
It would be nice if collectable items were somehow flagged on their portraits.

Czilla

• Lich Lord
  • Virtue: +5/-68
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 09:34:48 AM »
I agree people who have the seeker of the rare item should be flagged in their portrait to show who has them and who can trade for them and such :D

Who's Online

10 Guests, 1 User
drath

Wise Words

Hmm, that's one 'Doomed' Space Marine. -Duke Nukem in Duke Nukem 3D | Read More...

Go to Top

© 2009-2024 Kokaro. All rights reserved. All trademarks and copyrights held by respective owners. All intellectual properties contained within third-party flash games on Kokaro are owned by their original developers and designers. Request impermissible game removal